Grand Junction Veterans Health Care System
The staff at the VHCS Grand Junction have provided a number of ways for you to learn how to live a healthy lifestyle and self-manage your own health. Patient Education at the VHCS Grand Junction is planned and coordinated by the Patient Education Committee, committed to honor veterans through excellent service.
Patient Education Center
Our Patient Education Center is staffed by an experienced librarian. The center contains a collection of easy-to-read health and wellness books, respected health education newsletters, videos and other materials.
The Patient Education Center is located on the 2nd floor of the Main Hospital building.
The My HealtheVet site provides veterans and their families excellent, reliable patient education information as well as the latest VA News. Information about veteran benefits and services are also available.
Upon registering with My HealtheVet, you will be able to —
- refill prescriptions online
- keep personal food and activity journals
- monitor your personal health data, such as blood pressure and pain levels
- maintain your own self-entered personal health record
Clinical staff provide ongoing health education during regularly scheduled outpatient clinic visits. Courses focus on —
- health promotion
- upcoming tests and procedures
- medications, dealing with all medications from all providers
- confidence in managing your health care
Clinical staff begin the patient education process at the time of admission, during the hospital stay, and at discharge. Our goal is to provide a hospital environment where patients —
- continually receive updated health information
- are able to ask questions about their health
- can enjoy as comfortably as possible, their stay in our facility